Sunday 3 April 2016

New Garden and Newfound Muscles

Wow, the feng shui is at the top of the dial for me at the mo. I've been a bit quiet on the blog of late because I've been having a few weeks of "getting it done". Some serious finishing of lots of jobs have been happening around here. New gardens created, lots and lots of painting, waterproofing and cleaning/tidying.

A few weeks back when my hubby went to a weekend conference, I was playing out the front with the kids when I decided impromptu to dig up the lawn and create a new flower garden (as you do!)

The front of our house, behind the big wooden fence is one of the last areas that hasn't had a makeover. It's been a bit of a dumping ground, has needed new fences and was the route for all the diggers etc that we've needed to access the all the renos around the back so it never made sense to do much until all that was over. So, now that all the renos are finished around the back, I figured it was as good a time as any to make the front a little more pretty.



I have a small strip of established green at the side of the driveway that needed a bit of sorting and plants divided so once I'd prepared digging the lawn, I took cuttings from my existing garden to put in my new garden. Why not, it's free to do it this way and I love continuity so it made sense to extend the existing garden using similar/the same types of plants.



It took a bit of hard yakka but over a weekend doing an hour here and there, I managed to put it all together. Because I used cuttings from my existing garden, I only had to buy mulch and a piece of pine to make the garden edge. 







The front yard is where the boys have their outside toys set up so it is a lot tidier and safer for them to play now. I'm super happy with how it's turned out. Yes, a bit bare at the moment but once those cuttings establish, it will look lovely.





Apart from the odd little job, most sites of my house are now basically "done" (I use that word loosely cos I'll always find a new project to do). But let just say, if I had to pack up and leave tomorrow, I could feel satisfied that it doesn't look like a building site any more. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment