Friday 7 March 2014

One For The Little Kiddies, Play Doh

Ewan has always been obsessed with playing Play Doh since he was about a year old. I've always bought it or had tubs given to us as gifts and my mum would sometimes turn up with some home made stuff. I always thought to myself "I'm gonna give that a go oneday". Recently, I realised all our play doh was looking a bit gross so I decided that "oneday" had arrived.


After a quick search on "Mr Google" I found my recipe http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/play-dough-L926.html using the above ingredients.


A super easy recipe. Put all ingredients into a saucepan and cook. I turned the heat off whilst the mix was still a bit liquid (as it reached hot) and it formed into a dough almost immediately by itself. I then kneaded it on the bench to mix all the ingredients/colour through properly.

Wrap it in glad wrap and keep in a dark, dry place for longevity.

I don't think I'll ever buy it again. This play doh is non toxic and took only minutes to make. We got to make our own colours and Ewan loved the process of helping to make it. A shame I still can't stop him from eating it but at least now I know for sure there is nothing dangerous in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment