Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mmmmm Apricots Tartes and Frangipanis

Last year I wrote about how to preserve apricots three ways. This year  I was lucky enough to acquire some more apricots (I don't have a tree) but I still have some preserves from last year so I decided to make something I've never done before. Something that could be enjoyed now rather than later in the year.

My mindless reality TV viewing (hello Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules) has finally come in handy. Before watching these shows, I didn't even know what a tarte tatin or a frangipani were...and now I am so glad I do!

Firstly I made a tarte tatin. Lovely, fairly simple and did my apricots justice. This recipe was super simple, involves home made caramel with apricots. Need I say more.

Link to online recipe through BBC Recipes http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/apricot_tarte_tatin_49907


Second attempt was a frangipani and wowsers, it was a life changer:

Link to online recipe is through taste.com http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5577/apricot+tart



Needless to say, these were both made and consumed before I decided to start my health kick (or maybe they were the catalyst for my health kick!) About the only thing going for them (health wise) is they made me happy eating them!

Both recipes can be made with most fruits and I certainly intend on re hashing them at a later date but maybe for when I've got guests over to help me eat them. If you have any fresh fruit laying around, maybe you should give one (or both) a go yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment