Wednesday 29 May 2013

Last Blog For A While

My blogs are becoming less frequent now that the new baby is getting closer...no he hasn't made his arrival yet and I don't think he's in any hurry (pic here this morning, I still haven't "dropped" and I feel as full as a goog!)


This past weekend we spent at the beach shack and it was bliss. We did a whole lot of not much and that was exactly what I had planned. However Roge did have a moment of inspiration and made us an outdoor fire pit out of an old steel barrel which he cut in half long ways with his angle grinder.


So Sunday arvo was spent collecting sticks, reading magazines by the fire and roasting marshmellows. Ahhh, so awesome.

Given that the baby is only a matter of days away, I'm going to take a small break from the blog other than uploading the odd pic for you. If you haven't already, you can sign up for my new blog posts to be sent to your e-mail or you can like my Facebook page and that way you won't miss out when things get rolling again. 

We do have some exciting upcoming blogs to show you and here is a sneak peak at the new project:


It's our new "family home", a mid century classic that needs a total internal overhaul. I can't wait! That said, we won't be starting anything for at least six months but I can start planning now. I've already purchased a retro copper pendant light from one of the local second hand shops!


Thanks to all for "tuning in" so far, I've really enjoyed sharing my beloved Tassie with you along with all the fun things we get up to. Keep an eye out for a pic of the new baby, hopefully it will be uploaded sooner rather than later, I don't think my belly button can stay in tact much longer!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you smooth sailing through the next couple of weeks, Alex!

    I love Ewan photo-bombing your baby-bump shot. Congratulations on the new project. Totes jelly! I covet all things midcentury.

    I saw that copper light in the background of one your earlier photos and at first thought it was one of those very desirable retro anodised ice buckets. I almost commented to ask you about it but decided that was being a bit odd on a recipe post. It's gorgeous.

    Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheryl!

      Yes new project is going to be heaps of fun! I don't think I've ever bought a house that wasn't an investment so this time we get to do things a little more for us. That said, I'm having issues deciding what exactly that is as I always have the budget in mind! Haha, I'm sure I'll work it out some time in the next 6 months!

      Keep well and keep an eye out for the first pic of the new addition to our family. I can't wait.

      Love Alex

      Delete