Thursday 18 October 2012

My First Cake from the New Kitchenaid Mixer

I'm sooooooo in love with my new Kitchenaid mixer, and my first cake totally justifies the expense of  buying it!

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I am not a great baker. I burn everything or it's not cooked in the middle, there never seems to be any in between. Anyhoo, thinking that I might have a few "experiment cooks" with the new mixer before I actaully make anything decent, I was surprised when the first cake I made was perfect!


Maybe not the most beautiful cake to look at but great on the taste buds. The recipe I found comes from the kitchenaid website http://www.kitchenaid.com.au/au/recipes/item/176-nutty-hummingbird and goes like this:

NUTTY HUMMINGBIRD CAKE

100g Macadamia nuts
3 cups SR flour
1 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar lightly packed
1/4 cup cocoanut
1 tsp cinnamon
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
300g light olive oil or vegetable oil
440g can crushed pineapple
2 tsp vanilla essence

Cream cheese icing:

250g cream cheese at room temp
150g butter at room temp
2 cups icing sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind

1 - Preheat oven 160 degrees or 140 degrees if your oven is fan forced
2 - Place the nuts on a tray and roast in the oven for 5 minutes
3 - Place all dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and lightly mix for 1 minute. Set ingredients aside.
4 - In your mixer, place bananas and mix/beat for a minute until broken up. Add, eggs, vanilla, oil, pineapple and mix for a further 1-2 minutes before adding the dry mix. Mix all ingredients for a couple minutes.
5 - Tip cake batter into a lined cake tin and cook for approx 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes (or until cooked in the middle)
6 - Allow cake to fully cool on a cooling tray before applying the icing.

Cream cheese icing:

1 - Place all the icing ingredients into your mixer and beat for a couple minutes. Sprinkle a little extra cocoanut over the iced cake.

Seriously, even if you don't have a Kitchenaid mixer, you could make this cake if you have a electric beater. This is a lovely dense, moist cake that isn't too sweet. Such a shame that Roge declared he is on a diet as of this week, that means more for me!

2 comments:

  1. الان من خلال خدمة عملاء كريازى احصل على افضل خدمة صيانة من خلال اتصالك بنا على صيانة كريازى الخط الساخن تواصل معنا الان

    ReplyDelete
  2. نقدم لكم الآن خصومات هائلة على خدمات الويب التي تقدمها شركة تصميم مواقع المتخصصة و هي احدى فروع شركة تسويق الكتروني ذات الخبرة الكبيرة في تقديم كافة خدمات الويب المتكاملة

    ReplyDelete