Wednesday 9 March 2016

Home Made Dukkah

I looooove dukkah, the Egyptian spice blend. I've tried several different recipes but none have come close to as nice as this recipe that I found on the Healthy Chef website.

Have it with a little olive oil and sourdough bread, on eggs, on salmon (as a crust), on roasted veggies. You name it, it's versatile.


Recipe:

150g Macadamia nuts
100g Almonds
50g Sesame seeds
10g Chia seeds
2tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Cumin powder
1tsp Black pepper (ground)
1/2tsp Sea Salt (ground)
1/2tsp Cinnamon power
1/4tsp Ginger power
Optional extra: 1g saffron (I've never used it but the original recipe says to use it)

1 - Chop the nuts to your desired size. I like mine to still be a bit chunky.
2 - Mix all of the ingredients together really well so everything is well combined.
3 - Store in a air tight jar in the fridge and enjoy!

Funny story. I made a batch which I divided up and gave some to a friend. She forgot it was another  buddy of hers birthday so she quickly whipped up a card and split the jar I gave her and told her friend that she had made her something. He friend called her up that night going on about how good the dukkah is and she must share the recipe cos it's da bomb etc. My poor friend then had to fess up that she hadn't made it herself. Hilarious! Anyhoo, I guess my point is, it's a great recipe and I'm yet to have someone not rave about it who's tried it.

I myself have made this as gifts for friends before and even for my sister at Christmas. It keeps well if you store it in the fridge and doesn't take long to make. It's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment