Tuesday 23 February 2016

My New Laundry Come Second Bathroom

For the first time in months, I've logged into Blogspot intending to get back into the swing of things and the bloody thing might have as well screamed "who the heck are you"! I know, I know, it's been a long time between drinks (or blogs) but what can I say, life has been getting in the way.

Where to start! Well, it's been a fantastic Summer here in Tassie which alas is almost at an end. I've finished my downstairs reno, celebrated Christmas, partied in the New Year, hung at the beach, sent my eldest child to school for the first time and spent oodles of time in the veggie patch to name a few special things that have been going on in my world.

So, for months and months last year I promised that I'd take some pics of the downstairs reno (and never did). Well today I intend on showing you PART of it, namely the laundry come second bathroom. I have taken some pics on my iPhone (yup, the lazy bloggers tool of choice, LOL) 

I wanted the finishes to be really similar to the upstairs bathroom in order to make downstairs feel less disconnected from the rest of the house. Whilst similar in a lot of ways, it is not carbon copy of the main bathroom and I have to say, I love the result.



The copper wall light is a retro fixture that my mum pulled out of her house when renovating. Her trash, my treasure I say! 

The same tiles were used on floor and walls. The toilet suite was the same and the taps are from the same range as the ones in the main bathroom.

A cheap mirror (with cupboards behind) and inexpensive vanity basin hung on the wall completed the simple look. One day I'd like to put a shelf to the right of the basin but that isn't on the priority list at the mo.



What's behind the door you might ask? And isn't this supposed to be a laundry you say, well, wait no longer...


The washer is hidden behind a wall of cupboards and I love it. The best bit, there's a laundry chute from the hallway upstairs which comes directly down into the basket on the bench. Best decision I made in the WHOLE reno, (upstairs and down).


Not everything is perfectly finished yet. The glass for the shower screen has to go in and there's no handles on the cupboard doors but in time those little things will get finished.


Can you see the relationship to our upstairs bathroom? Similar but slightly different.




Certainly a darn sight better than what it was!


So there you go, one mostly completed laundry-bathroom. I'm yet to do the final costing but it should come in less than 10K. We had to spend a lot of money on trades for this room which always makes it a bit more expensive. We did a lot of the demo and carpentry but the rest was the experts.

It is my intent to get back into the blog again so keep an eye out for more posts to come. I've been busy and have lots to share.

I hope you're all well

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment