Wednesday 15 April 2015

Today is Wednesday

Hello, hello, I trust all is well? It's been a while since my last blog but it was not for lack of motivation or content, simply that my computer died. It went to that place that computers go to when they are no more (landfill!) Actually that's not true, it's living at the back of my cupboard right now in the "can't think about it right now" box (I have a lot of those "boxes"!) Due to the unfortunate death of my old brick, I now have a shiny new model and she's real pretty. Meet Macbook Air (yep, I haven't thought of a name for her yet). "Air" is my new partner in blogging crime.


There's too much going on at our house. It was full steam ahead with the downstairs reno although that has fallen flat on it's arse in the last day or so after I received some not so good news (regulations have changed and I now need a very expensive permit). The budget has been blown and I need to regroup so everything has been put on the back burner.

Anyhoo, what have I been up to other than dealing with trade quotes and ridiculous council regulations? Well, we spent our Easter at the shack, the kids got sick, my computer died, I discovered the loveliness of spelt muffins, the car broke down, I bought some pretty plants for my front garden, we started lining out the storage room under the house and more!

I also did a quick DIY on Roge's old clock to bring it into more of the "now". It only took a few minutes and a can of old gold paint and I think it came up pretty nicely. I've said it before and I'll say it again, paint is the BEST renovation tool out there. Cheap and can make a huge difference.

What it did look like and...
what it looks like now!
So that's it from me today. I'm off to make my second coffee for the day in the hope it will give me the motivation to go plant some of those new pretty flowers.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment