Saturday 24 January 2015

The Health Binge Continues - Spinach and Kale Turnovers

This isn't my recipe, I was inspired by an amazing friend who shares a lot of her food ideas on her Instagram (hi Lori!) One day whilst scrolling said Instagram, I saw her amazing spinach turnovers and decided to "borrow" her idea whilst adding my own flair. 



Recipe:

2 sheets pastry (puff or shortcrust, it's your choice)
12 leaves of spinach-kale
A good handful of parsley and basil (and I put a leaf or 3 of sage in but only do this if you have it)
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 medium potato grated
30-50g feta
A handful of tasty cheese

1 - Saute onion, garlic, sage, kale/spinach and potato with a lot of butter.
2 - In a food processor, add your sautéed ingredients to the cheese and extra herbs
3 - Cut rounds of pastry approx 20cm round and fold them up, pinching the sides. You could just as easily make triangle shapes if you think that might be easier for you.
4 - Cook in an oven for approx 20 minutes so the pastry is slightly golden.



These little numbers are so seriously tasty that I've been making them every week since seeing them. Lori you're a star and thanks for always sharing your recipes.

To all of you out there, I'd recommend hopping over to Lori's Facebook site for her little business Haylo. She is a truly talented Mumma.

Side-note:
I make my own butter from local cream and then freeze it into little balls. Sometimes I add extra herbs to the butter which are excellent for recipes like this. It adds that little "bita something" to your recipe. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment