Sunday 19 October 2014

Oh What A Cow

For whatever reason, I've always wanted to put a cowhide rug on the floor of my hallway entrance but  sadly this isn't a story with a happy decorating ending.

After a long time thinking about it, I contacted a local hide supplier to find my perfect rug. After looking at many, I settled on a light "salt and pepper" hide. It was soft, luxurious and a little bit retro. I felt like I'd be giving it the perfect home.

Luckily for me I was allowed to borrow the rug to check if it fitted the spot I had in mind (before handing over any cash). Lucky because once I put it down on the floor, I realised that it was not the cowhide for me.


Too light and that cute brown spot in the middle suddenly looked like a stain. Probably a tripping hazard too given that it was wedged in between two bedrooms, a bathroom, front door and stairs.



On returning it I told the supplier that it wasn't the one for me, that I'd come back another time to chose something else but in my heart I can tell, the cowhide fantasy has gone. Shame but always the optimist I'll tell myself that I've just saved myself $350. Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment