Wednesday 8 October 2014

New Art - The Missing Link

I'm all about rearranging the existing before buying new but I must admit that I don't mind a good dose of retail therapy from time to time. With the Spring weather lifting my mood, I felt it might be time to look around the shops to see if I could find a few cushions for the couch in an uplifting "Spring colour". 

What I learnt from my retail wandering is that this season it's all about teal, mint and fluro colours. All lovely, none of which found their way back to my house. I don't know why but I always lean towards neutrals and textures before colour. Don't get me wrong, I love colour but it never seems to find it's way into my house. Not in a big way anyway.

So although I didn't find some new colourful cushions, I did find something I'd been after for a long time; a nice piece of art for above my bed. 


Bedspread by Orla Kiely (my fave)

The wait to find "the perfect piece of art" was worth it I think. Gus the cat is super pleased with my choice (as you can see)! I'm a little bit in love myself. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks great Alex, I love what you have done with your house!

    ReplyDelete