Monday 16 June 2014

The Backyard Menagerie

My backyard has been getting a fair bit of work of late. We have done lots of clearing and Roge has just finished a new back fence which is going to allow me to set up new veggie patches. I'm really excited about it.

I have also found myself a mother of ducklings (who have very quickly grown into full sized ducks within a blink of an eye). Lets hope I get a few eggs soon which was why I bought them in the first place (aside from them being hilarious little creatures.)


I've also expanded my flock of "divas" by getting some new Barnevelder hens. I'm hoping that they also will start laying soon. The egg situation is a bit dire around here.


My four chickens that hatched 10 weeks ago are growing well. They are all currently in that "looking weird" phase. I still don't know for sure if they are boys or girls (please let them mostly be girls).


So as you can tell, my yard is a full blow menagerie at the moment. I'm loving it though, although not loving the amount of feed I'm buying with zero eggs coming in. Hopefully soon when the weather warms up everyone will start again. They better anyway otherwise I might start waving the axe around!

No comments:

Post a Comment