Sunday 18 November 2012

The X'mas Baking Starts - Doggie Biscuits

Christmas is coming and all too quickly. I've sorted out where we're having lunch (at the beach shack) and who with, now I have to finalise my gifts and make some bits and pieces for my friends and neighbours....oh and the dog! Over the last week, I've been trying to think of ideas for X'mas gifts that I can make. Years ago I purchased a bone shaped cookie cutter but had never got around to making any dog biscuits with it. However that was before I had a kitchen aid mixer, I'll make anything if it's an excuse to use my new toy!

 
The finished result, almost good enough to eat myself! But let me go back to the start...


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits:

2 Cups SR Wholemeal Flour
1 Cup Milk
270g Peanut Butter (or there about, I only had about half that amount and it still seemed adequate)
A decent handful of chopped Parsley


Mix all the ingredients together until you have a firm dough.


On a floured surface, roll out your mix until it's only a few millimetres thick.


Use a cookie cutter to cut out the shaped biscuits. Although I have a bone shaped cutter, there isn't any reason you couldn't use whatever cutter you have, a heart or star etc.

Cook the biscuits in a medium hot (180 degree) oven for approx. 8-12 minutes or until golden on top.

I think they turned out quite well and now the real fun starts, I get to come up with some cute packaging to present them in for X'mas. I'm not sure Tina will care how the come packaged mind you but that won't stop me!

I made two batches and it made heaps of biscuits so I plan on giving them to all our doggie friends too. A simple gesture and it didn't break the bank (approx. $3 for the lot - bargain!) Most of all, I had fun making them and I got to use the new kitchen aid mixer. Oh the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment