Tuesday 9 October 2012

Home Is Where the Heart Is - My Back Deck

Now that the weather in Tassie is getting better, it was time to clean up the back deck, fling open the doors and start using the space again.


It's such a huge area and gets morning through to early afternoon sun. It's had many a vino consumed on it and it's a great space for Ewan to play (and still within easy eye sight).


The umbrella is a new addition to the deck and much needed as the sun gets pretty hot out there, especially in Summer. I brought it in winter as end of last summer's stock which meant I got it for a third of the price at $70. A good tip for anyone out there that likes a bargain as much as  do!

The table has been around for years and was a buy from Target of all places. I love how it's timber has weathered, it also makes it easy to maintain (I don't do anything to it!)


These chairs were a purchase from the store Matt Blatt who does replica furniture. I originally bought them to use indoors around my dining table but in the last few years they have lived out on the deck surrounding the outdoor table. They are sturdy plastic and haven't faded which is surprising. Again, I didn't pay full price for them, they were on sale at the time and some came damaged (a few scratches) so I made a complaint to the company and they refunded the full cost of two of the damaged chairs. Bonus!

Overall a simple area without too much fussy furniture/pot plants etc. Perfect for a sunny day and some chill out time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment