Wednesday 4 July 2012

Warm Blueberry Muffins on a Cold Winter Day

Everyone at our house has been sick this week and so we've been blobbing on the couch for days. Frustrated with doing nothing but not really feeling like doing anything much, I decided to make us some muffins for morning tea.

I've made blueberry ones today
As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a baker but I do make muffins quite a lot. I find them easy, quick and cheap to make.

The base recipe is as follows:

2 cups SR flour
3/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed quite well in the measuring cup)
200ml Yoghurt (any type you like and you can substitute the yoghurt for milk if you don't have enough yoghurt)
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil or light olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
1 cup of fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, mashed banana etc)

Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix through (but my tip is NOT to mix really well, if you just do a really basic mix where some of the flour is barely mixed through they come out much better)

Spoon into muffin pans in a muffin tray. Cook at 180 degrees for 25 minutes approx. Take them out of the oven and put onto a cooling tray.




Roge and I usually eat a couple through the day, put a few aside for the next day and the rest I wrap individually in glad wrap and freeze. They can be taken out of the freezer and put in your lunch box during the week. They will defrost by morning tea if you take them out early in the morning and still be nice and fresh tasting.

Apart from making muffins, not much else has been achieved today. I'm hoping that we all get a better night sleep tonight and then I'll be raring to go again tomorrow as my normal self!


No comments:

Post a Comment