Over the weekend Roge and I spent our first 30 hours at the new beach shack....renovating!
I'm not sure how much you are going to see of our hard work from these photos but I can tell you that we flogged ourselves. I painted 3 rooms (walls, windows and architraves) and Roge ripped up carpet in the lounge and 1st bedroom and started sanding and puttying the floorboards ready for polishing.
|Before shot of the lounge looking towards the 1st bedroom door.|
|Before shot of lounge, looking back at the amazing north facing windows which for some reason, are covered in lace!|
|Before shot of lounge again, looking towards the downstairs kitchen/dining area.|
|Carpet pulled up and curtains taken down. Looks a million times better already|
|Another shot of the floors with the carpet pulled up.|
|Phew, floors sanded. Now for putty and last sand before polish.|
I very naievly thought we'd have all the main areas painted and the two rooms sanded and polished by the end of the weekend. Wake up call....we got only half that done!
I sent Roge back up there today to finish the sanding but the power was out for the first two hours (much to his annoyance!) Tomorrow, he'll stay with Ewan so I can go and finish the floor polishing and some painting. That way we can all go up there together in future because messy renovating is not a good place for little people.
So there you go, a little peek at what we've been up to and I'll try to take some better pics for you next time. Hopefully there will be a completed room...fingers crossed!