Saturday 26 May 2012

Gimme A Decent Meal Quick!

After flogging ourselves over the last week renovating the beach shack and not eating properly because there wasn't time (or the energy) to cook, I've been super good the last few days. I've been cooking proper meals, resting on the couch and spending lots of quality time with Ewan.

Whenever I feel like I need a good dose of fruit and veg I always turn to my favourite cook book, 80/20 diet by Teresa Cutter. I don't necessarily follow her "diet" but I do really love her recipes. She has a website too with some recipes at http://www.thehealthychef.com/ if you haven't heard of her and would like to "try before you buy"!


Yesterday I made a recent favourite bean salad which I stole off my good friend Laura.



Borlotti Bean, Brown Rice and Almond Salad:

1 400g tin of Borlotti Beans
1/4 cup of cooked Brown Rice
1/4-1/2 Red Onion diced small
1/4 cup chopped Parsley
1/4 cup chopped Mint
1 medium Tomato chopped small
1 Tbs toasted Slivered Almonds
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Tbs Olive Oil

Cook rice, lightly toast almonds, throw all the ingredients in a bowl and stir through.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment