Sunday 14 June 2015

Lots Happening With Us But Nothing Super Exciting

Some days when I have a moment to sit and think about the blog, I think there's nothing to write about but then I look at the photos on my phone and am reminded of all the odd, not really significant things that we're up to in our day to day. Today I thought I'd share a few!

In the last fortnight or so I've discovered an awesome new line of toilet paper called "Who Gives A Crap". Hilarious already eh. Well the bonus to this loo paper is that it's 100% recycled, they donate 50% of their profits to third world countries to help provide clean water and proper sanitary systems. AND the roll itself is a matter of cents more expensive than your standard bog roll from the supermarket. It's a winner all round. Oh and it looks freakin awesome with it's individually wrapped rolls.


I've used a few tins from left over supermarket products and made them into money jars. We're saving for a new boat trailer and laptop for Roge so each jar represents money we get from his music gigs and money I get from selling our old crap! At this stage it will be a while before we have enough money to buy the trailer or laptop but you've got to start somewhere eh?


As you know, I'm quite partial to a freebie so I'm experimenting with re-sprouting a celery plant from the bottom of an old one. It seems to be going well. I'm also trying to sprout a root from the horseradish stub and another spider plant.


Here we have Gus and I having a quiet moment in the sun last week. It was quite glorious if I am truthful. The kids were still at their grandparents, the house was quiet and I didn't feel like doing anything...so I didn't!


Last but not least, we celebrated Kai's 2nd birthday. He loved his big balloon and got spoilt rotten by the extended family. It was the perfect second birthday.


So there you have it. A quick snapshot on what is happening at ours lately. Of course there's plenty more happening downstairs with the reno but that's a post for another time.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment