Tuesday 10 February 2015

Flowers for the Garden

We have an old rental house which has a formal garden out the front. Whilst lovely, it has had been neglected for a long time. The other day I spent a few dollars ($80) to buy forty marigold plants which I mass planted in between the standard roses and box hedges. It has uplifted the whole front of the house. Best of all, these flowers are self seeding so next year, there should be an abundance of happy balls of gold and I won't have had to pay for them.



Simple, inexpensive and by keeping to one colour of flower it has made a bigger impact. The 'ol gal' looks pretty good I reckon?

Now that's done, I can concentrate on something I'm uber excited about; the renovation of downstairs at my house (which is in the planning stage). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment